Get State Advice on Flood Damage

Paul Hatch, a field representative for the NH Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, notes that no FEMA assistance is available to homeowners. That only happens when the President declares a federal emergency.

Instead, if you’re looking for assistance, call the state hotline, 2-1-1. “Once folks are registered, we will follow up with them individually and do case management to see if we can match up some type of assistance to help them with their needs,” Paul says. He adds that the agency is working with other volunteer and social service agencies to try and fill the gaps wherever possible.

If you want to reach the agency directly, call 271-2231.